Monday, December 6, 2010

December Challenge! Week 2



Guess what?!? Week two of Women Living Well Peace on Earth Challenge is upon us! This week the challenge is to take a bubble bath. Soooo simple right? Yes...and no. How often do we as moms put ourselves to the background? A LOT. Sometimes ALWAYS! I'm not saying that the mom's that put themselves before the kids 100% of the time have it right either. They don't. But in nursing school I had a teacher tell me that If I don't take care of myself than eventually I'm not going to be able to look after others either. How true. Eventually I'm going to hit a wall. And that wall...will probably come at the worst possible moment. Like the Holidays....dun dun dun....

So this week I am going to give myself a little peace. When Lucian goes down for his nap (not at night since that is when I talk to my husband) I am going to climb my little behind into the bathtub with a candle lit and my bible. Maybe some classical music. Lights turned down. Maybe a peaceful book to enjoy. My husband is super awesome about sending me to rest when I wear down. He's a good man. With him gone, I'm not so good about it. So here goes nothing. A week where I put the mom guilt back where it belongs and enjoy some time of peace in both body and soul to prepare the way of the Lord.

Go check out Women Living Well and see how others are using this weeks challenge in their lives!

2 comments:

  1. I really hope you'll be able to relax a little and have a little Me-Time!!!
    I admire you for living an Army-Wife-Life! Not sure if I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with that. If you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of anyone else. I'm 100% guilty of putting myself last. I need to work on that!!

    ReplyDelete