Monday, December 15, 2008

Always Stupidly Sarcastic,

Maybe I need a theme song. Actually I think everyone needs a theme song. This is mine. I don't know why, but it always made me feel untouchable. Like I could rule the world with a sweet, screw you smile and a little bit of confidence. I think it'd work better if I were hot, but you can't have everything and I'll take smart any day.

Well here is me on tragedy
I always want whats out of reach
She pulls dyed black hair back and sighs
F*** that night out with the guys
I never get a word in with them anyway

The telephone doesnt scare me anymore
Youre home and I am here alone my dear
Always stupidly sacarstic my hyper spastic superhero girl

So break the bruised monogamy
And let him fade away to memory
Your erotic wet atomic eyes keep reoccuring in my mind
Do me a favor and please touch your lips to mine

My husband. hmm. What is his theme song you may ask? Good question. We've had hard times. Trust me...we have. He used to sing this to me in the truck driving. Because I needed to forgive. And he needed to hope. It brings tears to my eyes. I think we should have played it at the wedding. We would have danced to it with everyone watching and no one understanding.

I dreamed I was missing
You were so scared
But no one would listen
Cause no one else cared

After my dreaming
I woke with this fear
What am I leaving
When I'm done here

So if you're asking me
I want you to know

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed

And don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory

Leave out all the rest

Don't be afraid
I've taken my beating
I've shared what I made

I'm strong on the surface
Not all the way through
I've never been perfect
But neither have you

Forgetting
All the hurt inside
You've learned to hide so well

Pretending
Someone else can come and save me from myself
I can't be who you are


I love my husband. He is my life. Maybe he IS my theme song.

No comments:

Post a Comment