Monday, January 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday.


So I didn't realize there were so many people participating in this menu planning fun over at OrgJunkie's Happy little blog home. If I had I would have done this hours ago. Oh well. It is my first time and Maybe I'll do better Next week.

For those that come check it out, here's a little summary. I don't have any kids yet, and my husband is in the military and has no where's near a set shift sooo...we live a crazy life. Lunches are generally out of the freezer and leftovers. Breakfast is cereal and or fruit and yogurt. Not so much planning involved there yet. But here is my first attempt at a menu plan. =D

Monday--Mini Meatloaf (recipe to follow) with salad
Tuesday--Sauteed Pork and onions with Brussel Sprout bake
Wednesday--Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice
Thursday--Chicken Gyro's (recipe to follow)
Friday and Saturday-- I eat by myself this week so I won't be cooking
Sunday--Refrigerator Casserole with all the leftovers and little bits I have.

Mini Meatloaf
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
4 ounces shredded chedder
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 pound lean ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard

Mix Milk and Egg. Add cheese, oats, onion, and salt. Mix. Add beef and mix until well combined. Shape into 8 loaves and place in a 13x9 pan. Mix Ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spoon over the loaves. Bake in a 350* oven for 45 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.

These are delicious. We love meatloaf here.

Chicken Gyros
6oz cooked chicken breast Sprinkle chicken with oregano, dill, salt, and pepper.
1 tsp dried oregano Heat 1 Tbsp oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add
1 tsp chopped fresh dill chicken and warm until heated through, about 2 minutes.
salt and pepper to taste Transfer to plate. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil to pan and
2 Tbsp olive oil add onions and cook about 10 minutes, or until brown.
2 medium onions thinly sliced Add chicken and any juices to the onions along with lemon
1 Tbsp fresh Lemon juice juice. Heat through.
4 pita bread rounds, heated

sauce Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Season
1 cup fat-free plain yogurt with salt and pepper to taste. Place pita rounds on plate.
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill Top with chicken slices. Spoon yogurt sauce over chicken
1 large clove garlic, minced and serving extra sauce on the side.
1 tsp fresh lemon juice.

Theses are also a big heat with my husband and I.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! It's my first effort at a menu plan, too. Here's hoping it will help both of us have lives that are slightly less chaotic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great menu! I did really good last week, but this week I think I'm falling back into my old ways...Chicken Gyros sound really good, I might have to try them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! I'm so impressed, Mary Teresa! ...and inspired! (Cooking, Blog Tech Guru ;), International Traveler...is there anything you can't do?!) Have a great day! -Ame

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loove the chicken recipe!!I really need to make something other than lemon chicken!

    ReplyDelete