Monday, February 2, 2009

Menu Plan Monday!

This is week 2! Yay for me! For more fun recipes of all sorts and varieties go visit Orgjunkie. She's orgainized this funfunfun Menu planning circus. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday--Buffalo Chicken Soup, Bean Dip, and Artichoke dip. With Lemon Cornmeal cookies
(Recipe). Yay superbowl!
Monday--Aloha Chili
Tuesday--Hoison Grilled Shrimp Kabobs (Recipe)
Wednesday--Chicken Gyros (I didn't get to the last week)
Thursday--Tacos
Friday + Saturday--I'm all by my lonesome...So I'll eat whatever I want!


Lemon Cornmeal Cookies
I inherited this recipe from my sister for my wedding. I tried it for the first time last night...they're delicious!

3/4 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 Cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
4 Tbsp Softened butter or Margarine
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp vanilla
1 Large egg white
Cooking spray

1.) Combine flour, cornmeal, soda, and salt. Stir well and set aside.
2.) Beat margarine at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended. Add lemon rind, vanilla, and egg white; beat well. Add flour mixture, stir until well blended.
3.) Turn dough onto wax paper and shape into a 6 inch log. Wrap log in wax paper and freeze for 3 hours or until very firm. (I used saran wrap since I didn't have any wax paper.)
4.) Preheat Oven to 350*.
5.) Cut log into 24 (1/4 inch thick) slices, place slices 1" apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. bake at 350* for 8 minutes. Remove cookies from pans and let cool on wire racks.


Hoison Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Out of "Quick, Light, and Healthy" cookbook

1 1/2 pound unpeeled large fresh shrimp
1-8 oz can pineapple chunks in juice
1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce (To make your own mike 3 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 tbsp soy sauce, and 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic

1.) Peel and devein shrimp. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 Tbsp juice.
2.) Thread shrimp, pineapple chunks, and pepper onto 8-10" skewers. Combine reserved pineapple juice, Hoison sauce, and garlic. Stir well. Brush half of mixture over both sides of kabobs.
3.) Grill kabobs, covered, over medium-hot coals (350*-400*) 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce mixture

I saute the shrimp instead of grilling it and serve it as more like a stir fry.

Makes 4 Servings
4 Weight Watchers points per serving.

1 comment:

  1. The Shrimp Kabobs sound really great. I can't wait to try them.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete