Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Simple life.

"And be a simple kind of man
And be something you'll love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me son if you can?"
--Shinedown Simple Man

I've always been a simple kind of girl. Long flowing dresses with flip flops and pigtails. Barefoot in the mud. Mascara and blush. Not high maintenance or high strung. (ok so a little high strung =D) That is who I've been and always will be, but sometimes in the fast passed world around me it's easy to get a little caught up in the craziness and lose myself. Especially in the military lifestyle I live, where you have such short amounts of time to do everything you want there is a tendency to try to do everything in that 2 day break that occasionally happens to be a weekend. Since getting married and having a baby I've been working hard to keep my simple self shining through and not getting lost in the fog.

One of the resources I've found is Simplemom.net. They have articles pertaining to any mom (or dad) out there that just want to live the everyday life to its fullest and make it special in itself. I love them! They've also recently expanded into "Simple Living Media" with 5 sister sites including Simple Mom to help in aspects of simple living other than just motherhood and wifery. =) To celebrate this big launch each of their 5 sites is holding a giveaway for some awesome prizes. Run on over and check it out before you go back to your simple cup of morning tea. I am!!

Simple Mom--Live simply, stay sane. Life hacks for home managers
Simple Bites--Real food for the family table
Simple Homeschool--Never let your schooling interrupt your education
Simple Kids--Uncomplicated parenting in a complex world
Simple Orgainc--Back to nature, back to basics

1 comment:

  1. I love that song (even though I've never heard Shinedown's version...it'll always be Lynyrd Skynyrd to me :D) and I love the idea of making everything simple. Have you ever been to my cookbook? It's HERE if you want to check it out. I like simple too :) Missed ya sweetie ♥

    ReplyDelete